After the War, and with the departure of the 10th Replacement
Depot, the two Depots of the South and North Staffords returned
to the barracks.
In June 1949 Field Marshal Montgomery reviewed the Territorial
Army at Whittington Barracks, a memorable day for the many
units in attendance on that day.
As the number of married officers has increased new accommodation
has been built for them. During the 1960s a new estate was
built on the Whittington Village side of the barracks, to
replace the non-commissioned officers' and soldiers' married
quarters. The old buildings were totally demolished and RHQ
The Staffordshire Regiment and the Museum now stand on one
of their former sites.
Today the barracks is home to an Army Training Regiment and
is still in full occupation. There have been many changes
in its appearances over the years but several of the original
buildings still survive, in particular the church, Keep and
some of the Militia blocks.
Field Marshal Montgomery inspects members
of the ATS