of the first Colours to the (new) Staffordshire Regiment
In 1959 the two County regiments amalgamated to form the Staffordshire
Regiment. Their new Colours were presented to them at Whittington
by Field Marshal Sir Francis Festing. Their depots were likewise
amalgamated and in the same year became part of the Mercian
Brigade Depot which had its home at the barracks.