of Whittington Barracks as it was first laid out in the 1880s
Whittington Barracks was one of the many barracks built in Britain
as a result of the famous Cardwell Army Reforms of 1870. Its
purpose was to provide a home depot for both the North and South
Staffordshire Regiments. Situated on Whittington Heath, half
way between Lichfield and Tamworth, its imposing buildings are
still in use as a training barracks today.