Leek, All Saints
One of only two Norman Shaw churches in Staffordshire.
Hoar Cross, Holy Angels
The church at Hoar Cross was bulit by the Hon. Mrs Emily Meynell Ingram in memory of her husband who died in 1871. She used GF Bodley as her architect. The result was a church described by Pevsner as"luxuriant".
Tunstall, Christ Church
One of a number of "Commissioners' churches" built following the Church Building Act of 1818, sometimes called the Million Act because it voted a grant of £1 million to be spent under the supervision of Commissioners on the building of churches. In all 214 churches were built, concentrated in London and the industrial towns of the Midlands and the north.
Burton upon Trent, Christ Church
A typical Commissioners' church, built in 1843-44, it cost over £2,800.
A group of churches designed by Thomas Trubshaw, one of the Haywood dynasty of builders and architects. These were original drawings by Trubshawe for Salt, St. James, Moreton, St. Mary, Great Haywood, St Stephen and Knightley, Christ Church, 1838-1842.
Essington, St John the Evangelist
St John's was built in brick in 1932-33 by Wood & Kendrick and Edwin F. Reynolds.
Chasetown, St. Anne
St Anne's Church, Chasetown was built by the Cannock Chase Colliery Company to serve its workers in 1865. The church was built to the design of Edward Adams, a railway architect.