Parkhouse colliery, Chesterton (1874-1968). Situated just off the A34 near Chesterton. It dates from 1874 when the original tandem pits were worked by J.H.Pearson of Handsworth, Birmingham who moved out in 1906. The colliery was taken over by R.Heath & Sons Ltd. who remained there until 1928, being replaced by Parkhouse collieres Ltd. until nationalisation in 1947. It closed in 1968 and is now the site of the Parkhouse Industrial Estate.

Colliery Map